Sorry. The Fuel bank is now closed.
Do You Need Help with Energy Payments?
1. Contact your energy company. They are likely to be able to help you with a grant, advance payment or temporary hold on your bills
2. Contact the Centre for Sustainable Energy on 0800 082 2234 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They are an energy advice charity that can provide advice on emergency help with energy, as well as help with grants, reducing your bills, energy debts, and tackling heating/draft/damp problems.
3. Apply for an emergency fuel grant from Bristol City Council’s Local Crisis Prevention Fund
ii. Over the phone: 0800 923 0101 (open until midday Mon – Fri)
b. There are eligibility criteria you must meet which include not (normally) having applied for this emergency help within the last 12 months and having no money for basic living needs.
c. Applications made by midday will receive an answer by 4pm by text or phone.
4. Have you applied for the Warm Home Discount? This is a first-come, first-served £140 energy grant. Most (not all) energy companies run this scheme, with applications opening each Autumn. Different companies have different eligibility criteria. Apply as soon as possible, and, if successful, you will be paid any time between now and 31st March the following year. Contact your energy provider to apply or look online.
5. Speak to our Foodbank Adviser about help with the problems that lead you to struggle to afford your gas and electricity, such as benefit issues, housing issues and debts.
(Find them in the foodbank; email ; call/text 07856 021365)
The Fuel bank closed on October 20th 2019,
when npower funding ran out. For help if you are in Fuel Poverty please refer to the information below.